Copperwood Oven Barbeque Spare Ribs
Recipe Credits: Chef Haleem Card
1 full rack of baby back ribs
2 cups barbecue sauce of choice
Dry Rub Recipe (makes a lot extra)
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup paprika
2 tbsps freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and in a small bowl until combined.
- Place ribs meat-side down on aluminum foil. Prick back of rib rack several times with a knife.
- Generously apply coating of dry rub to all sides of rib rack.
- With rib rack meat-side down, fold foil around it to create a tight seal, making a boat like kind of shape where all seams and ends face up. Transfer to sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until tender and cooked through, about 2 hours. Remove and cool 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open foil, drain and discard any accumulated juices and fat. Brush barbeque sauce on all sides of rack.
- Place rack meat-side up and return to oven, leaving foil open. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and brush another layer of barbeque sauce on meat-side only. Repeat baking and brushing with sauce 4 more times, for a total of 50 minutes baking time.
- Cut rack into individual rib segments and serve with more barbeque sauce.